Snowshoe Tickets, Rentals & Maps
|Snowshoe Trail Tickets & Rentals available at Nordic Center|
|Trail Ticket||Full Day ||Half Day (after 1pm) ||Night (after 4pm)|
|Snowshoe trail ticket |
|$5 ||$3 ||$3 |
|Child (age 6 & under)|
Senior (age 70+)
|Free* ||Free* ||Free* |
|Rentals (all sizes & ages) |
|Snowshoe rental** ||$10 ||$8 ||$8 |
*A trail ticket is required to be attached to your coat or pants for trail access, even if your age qualifies you for a free trail ticket. Please check in at the Nordic Center ticket counter, main floor, to get your trail ticket.
**Limited to sizes and stock on hand. Call ahead for large groups: 332-5390. Snowshoe rental does not include boots or snow boots.
Download NEW snowshoe trail map (PDF)
SnowShoe Trails: All of these allow two-way traffic and are relatively challenging, mostly off trail, hiking experiences:
"Billy Goat Trail" – 1 km in length; Begins down the Connector and branches off to the west, heading off trail and down hill until it meets the junction of the Flush and Two Deer. Follow Two Deer back up hill to the Connector, turn left to return to the Nordic Highway and the Nordic Center. Blazed with Gold Markers.
"Streamside Trail" – 1.5 km in length; Joins Mountain Goat trail to complete either a 2.5 or 3 km loop. Trail head is located at the junction of Redtail Trail and the Connector; The trail parallels the Nordic Highway and follows the stream (may not be readily apparent depending on snow depth) and drops down hill crossing the Flush. Continue along the stream and through the forest until it connects with Mountain Goat trail. One can follow North Mountain Goat back up hill for a 2.5 km loop or follow South Mountain Goat up through the Stadium for a 3 km loop. Blazed with Red Markers.
"North Mountain Goat Trail" – Accessed from the "Connector", 1 km in length, this trail drops down the west facing slope to Bogus Creek. Purple blazes mark this trail.
"South Moutain Goat Trail" - Also accessed from the "Connector" and 1 km in length; this trail travels through the stadium and follows Bogus Creek until it meets "North Mountain Goat Trail" and "Streamside Trail". This trail is marked with Orange blazes.
"SnowSchool Trail" - This is a 1 km trail that begins behind the lodge and crosses Sapper's Return. It climbs up and over the hill and drops back down onto Sapper's Return. This trail is marked with Blue blazes.
- Snowshoers are welcome to hike on the groomed ski trails as long as they are respectful of the "Classic set tracks" and for those who may be more adventurous are allowed to hike off trail as well staying within the ski area boundaries
- Snowshoeing is allowed only on the outside edges of the Nordic trails, traveling in single file
- Yield to skiers if on Nordic ski trails
- Snowshoe trails are not groomed and are relatively challenging (comparable to either more or most difficult trail designation)
- Snow conditions are not guaranteed
- Staying within ski area boundaries is the responsibility of the snowshoer
- Ski patrol is on duty only during regular weekend hours of operation and for special events